Nothing to see here. Seriously today wasn’t a good day. It’s ok. It happens.
I started with a good sketch:
- I couldn’t mix up the right green. (I was going by the photo)
- I painted leaves over the flower
- size 1 was too large for fine details
- size o kept splitting
- leaves looked washed out so I painted over them with a darker green
- looking at the image I could see that stem wasn’t green but yellow brown (why didn’t I use yellow ochre)
- Ok forget about the picture and just paint. Usually this works, not today!
- Take a break. How about painting over the flower petasls that scanned in an ugly brown instead of a beautiful peach. Didn’t work either
- Ok get out a stamp, mix a little paint and see what happens. Looking good, maybe
- Time to go for a walk
There is light and hope in every day
Here I am writing this post. Wasn’t sure what to write. Then I find last Thursday’s Sunburst. That was a good day! Today is a good day too. I am grateful for the warmth of the sun. That I could walk, for my lunch, for the tea I’ll make and for the jug I’m about to paint. Thank you CatCoq. Your classes are amazing!