Not sure about this color. Now that I am doing a color chart I can do multiple versions of this flower. I can do a before and after.
- layering (paint red over a layer of blue for interesting purples)
- background reminds me of a smooth stucco finish (I have these flora wall homes in my culture board)
- stamping dots
- adding details with colored pencils
- the pink and purple is a good combo,
- stamp with an acrylic brush in a cross stich pattern
- vibrant pink color
- darker backgroud so the petals stand out (maybe green)
- make sure the paint isn’t too thick
- maybe do layers
- ends of the petal
- more white space
I keep thinking about how an artist describes her work as little pops of happy. Creating makes me happy and satisfies my curiosity. I hope that spills onto my canvas like a good song you always want to dance or sing to, especially when you need it the most. Now that I have made notes I can paint more of these flowers. Lots more! Art is all about making and learning as you go.
Today is the last day to get my ebooks for free. I just released Different Is Beautiful. That book was my childhoold curiosoity.
I’m going to be painting more flowers. I am developing my color palette. Adding new work to my shops. I have been working on surface design patterns. I have a couple of fun reader ideas….I should stop telling you and continue to share.
What are you working on? I am always curious.